Saturday, February 20, 2016

Stacking the Shelves #8


I am really excited to participate in Stacking the Shelves, a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews

I didn't get a lot read this week but I still managed to add quite a few books to the TBR pile.  I really want to catch up but I just don't seem to have the willpower to stop adding books to the pile. 

NetGalley

The Beauty of the End by Debbie Howells
 Carry On by Rainbow Rowell

I technically didn't request The Beauty of the End but I did wish for it and had my wish granted this week.  I am actually pretty quick to click on the wish button so I need to be a little more careful about what I wish for on NetGalley.  I also don't think that Carry On is completely my fault either.  It is a Rainbow Rowell book and it was listed as READ NOW.  My finger clicked on the button before my brain even realized that it wasn't intended for readers in the U.S.  Oops.


Library eBooks


Calamity by Brandon Sanderson

I wanted to start this book right away but I decided to finish the book that I am already reading.  I can't wait to see how this trilogy ends.

Kindle Freebies


The Desirable Duchess by M.C. Beaton
Reunion by Sharon Sala
The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie
Veronika Decides to Die by Paulo Coelho
Primal Fear by William Diehl
The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins

I am pretty quick to click on freebies.  I grabbed a couple of classics that I would like to read at some point as well as a couple of other interesting books.

Paid Kindle Books

Lover at Last by J.R. Ward
The Bone Yard by Jefferson Bass

These two books are part of a couple of the series that I am slowly collecting in my kindle account as they go on sale.  Each of these books were $1.99 so I spent less than $4 this week.  That seems totally reasonable to me.

Giveaway
Be sure to check out my giveaway for a paperback copy of Sandra Brown's Friction.  Three winners from the United States and Canada will be chosen from my blog.

Enter the giveaway here 

What books do you add to your shelves this week? 
Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave a link to your own STS post!

24 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy all of these. I don't blame you about Carry On. I can never resist a Rainbow Rowell book. I've read all of her books, and none of them have been rated below 3.5 stars.
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just couldn't help myself. I haven't read a lot of Rainbow Rowell's books but I thought it would be a pretty good gamble.

      Delete
  2. I ran out of willpower a long time ago when it comes to grabbing books! Still I don't have any vices or spend money on anything else so that's my excuse! Hope you enjoy your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't spend a whole lot on books. Although lately, you would think that I do. Of course, I don't spend a whole lot on anything else either. I spend most of my time reading and most of the books that I read are either given to me or come from the library. Works out great!

      Delete
  3. What! The Rowell book was Read Now?? I just saw that it was for UK readers and didn't even click on it. I'm glad I didn't see it because I wouldn't have resisted it either. Love your books. I had no idea that Beaton wrote anything Regency and I really like that Christie. It's kind of fun to see the first time Poirot is unleashed on the world. It's probably not my favorite but it's a really great mystery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It still is a Read Now, Katherine! I always click on the Read Now button on the left and it gets me in trouble. When I saw the Beaton and Christie books I had to get them for my pile.

      Delete
  4. I had a little trouble with those "click" buttons at NetGalley, too, in the beginning, and ended up with books I wanted to read, but wasn't prepared for at that moment. LOL.

    I do want The Beauty of the End, as I loved The Bones of You by this author.

    Enjoy! Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My problem is that I want all of the books! I have had a few wishes granted and it always seems to come at a time when I felt like I was catching up. I am looking forward to The Beauty of the End.

      Delete
  5. I did the same thing when I saw the Carry On was a read now I was like WHAT! Instantly clicked. Enjoy your books!

    Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think that I even fully processed what I was doing before I did it. I saw it and click it was mine. :) Glad that I am not alone.

      Delete
  6. I really enjoyed Carry On. In the beginning, it was hard to get past the Harry Potter similarities, but once I did, it was great! Hope you love it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Harry Potter so that shouldn't be an issue for me. I do need to Harry Potter someday.

      Delete
  7. Oh I see you picked up Lover At Last! I just love the BDB series! Great haul! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I binge read most of the BDB series and then stopped when I had to start waiting for books to be released. I really don't remember how far I got but plan to do a re-read at some point.

      Delete
  8. I have the same problem with the never-ending TBR pile :) I hope you love all your new books! Happy reading!!
    Danielle @ Life With Two Boys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only way that I might catch up would be if I quit my job. I offer to do just that almost daily but my husband tells me to go to work. Who needs money anyway? I need time to read.

      Delete
  9. I need to catch up on the BDB series, Carole. I hope you'll enjoy Lover At Last! You have lots of other beautiful books on your list this week.
    Have a fantastic week ahead and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stopped reading them a few years ago when I had read everything that had been released. It can be hard to remember to grab the next book when you have to wait a year for it. Hopefully, I can do a re-read someday soon.

      Delete
  10. I have been thinking about getting Lover at Last...since its at such a great price right now. However I do need to get caught up on the series, been thinking about getting it on audio if i can. Hope you enjoy all of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have picked up a good number of the BDB series on sale so I went ahead and grabbed this one too. I think I have the series on my audible wish list but haven't tried any of them in that format.

      Delete
  11. Huh. I've never tried the wish thingy on NG. I wasn't really sure how it worked. Well, hope you enjoy the book anyway. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have clicked on tons of wish buttons on NetGalley. I have had 3 wishes granted. I am sure that I will keep clicking but it was kind of a surprise to actually get the book.

      Delete
  12. I actually just finished rereading Lover at Last! I kind of skimmed just for the romance-y parts, but I love J.R. Ward's depiction of m/m romance! I also can't wait for the rest of the books in this series! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not even sure where I left off in that series. I just know that at some point I didn't pick up the next book after the year's wait. I have enjoyed the ones that I have read.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...