Thursday, February 11, 2016

Meet the Authors: Victoria Aveyard & Sophie Jordan @VictoriaAveyard @SoVerySophie


When I saw that Victoria Aveyard and Sophie Jordan were going to be at my local library, I knew that I just had to go.  I made plans to go with my teenage daughter who later bailed out on me.  No problem.  I just packed up my books and went on my own to listen to these ladies speak and to get my books signed.

I will be honest....I haven't read either of these books.  I still haven't read Red Queen either.  These books are really more my daughter's kind of books but I do plan to read them.  I had a lot of fun listening to both of them answer questions and it looked like they were both having fun as well. 


I did find out that Victoria Aveyard's Red Queen series is planned to have 4 books while Sophie Jordan's Reign of Shadows series is planned to be a duology.

I was even able to talk to get my photo taken with them together while my books were being signed.

Check out my newly signed books!

When I checked the local libraries calendars, it looks like there a lot of author events scheduled in the upcoming months.

I am going to see Ruta Sepetys on Thursday February 11, 2016 so be on the lookout for my post from that event!

12 comments:

  1. That is so cool your library has these events!! I just checked mine and they don't really have author events like that. Glad you enjoyed it and get to go to more!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have met so many wonderful authors at the local libraries. I always have a nice time and my collection of signed books is really growing.

      Delete
  2. That's so cool that you got to get your books signed and meet them. I've not read Reign of Shadows yet, but Red Queen was one of my favorites last year, and I can't wait to read Glass Sword.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were a lot of fun! I really hated that my daughter couldn't go because these are exactly her kind of books. I do hope to get to these really soon.

      Delete
  3. I love meeting authors and chatting with them, Carole! I have Reign of Shadows on my kindle... time to read it. Soon-ish, like :) I'm glad you had such a great evening, and I hope you'll be able to get to some other author events in your area soon :)
    Thanks for sharing.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hopes are to read these books soonish too. I have so many books to get through right now. Meeting authors is so much fun!

      Delete
  4. You got that up fast! My post is going up on Monday. :)

    Hope you enjoy the books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be looking for it. It was really nice talking to you at the event. I was supposed to write a review last night according to my schedule but I decided to post about the book signing instead. I have another one to go to tonight.

      Delete
  5. That sounds like so much fun! My library does author events sometimes but somehow I never find out about them and make the effort to go. I think I would really enjoy them. I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of the books. They're all on my radar but aren't necessarily my type of books either but I'm wanting to step out of my comfort zone a bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try to go to meet an author if they come to your area. I have found that authors are natural story tellers and I have always had a wonderful time at these events. I have such a good time that I go by myself to most of them and meet other book minded people while there.

      Delete
  6. That's so awesome! I'm a bit jealous, to be honest ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that I am very lucky to live in a city with so many wonderful events.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...