Saturday, January 16, 2016

Stacking the Shelves #3


I am really excited to participate in Stacking the Shelves, a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews

It may not look like it but I did practice some restraint this week.  I am actually quite happy with myself since I only added one book to my pile that has to be reviewed.  Of course, I review everything that I read but there is more pressure when a review is expected.  I am pretty happy with this week's haul since I got some pretty great sounding books and spent less than $4 total.

NetGalley

My Best Friend's Exorcism by Grady Hendrix

I just couldn't help myself and had to request this one!

Blogging for Books
Food by Jim Gaffigan

I have waited forever for this book to finally show up at my house.  They ended up sending it as a gift with no review required because it took over a month to finally make its way to me.  Of course, I will review it anyway.

Kindle Freebies
Falling into You by Jasinda Wilder
Exposed by Carla Cassidy
Duty Bound by Samantha Chase & Noelle Adams
Six of Hearts by L.H. Cosway
Southern Spirits by Angie Fox
The Soul of Discretion by Susan Hill
Every One of Me by Jessica Wilde

I am pretty quick to one-click freebies as you can tell.  I actually read Southern Spirits as a review copy last year and thought I would grab a finished copy since it is free.

Paid Books
Brother by Ania Ahlborn
Heart of Venom by Jennifer Estep

Brother is an absolutely amazing book that I read a few months ago.  One of my favorites from 2015.  I read a library copy so when this one went on sale last week, I had to have a copy.  I will definitely be reading this one again.

I have been slowly picking up the books in Jennifer Estep's Elemental Assassin series.  I do plan to read this series once I have most of the books.  I was happy to grab Heart of Venom on sale this week.

What books do you add to your shelves this week? 
Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave a link to your own STS post!

26 comments:

  1. Great books this week! I'm definitely curious about My Best Friend's Exorcism. Looks like a good read. Maybe I need to do like you, and collect a few of the Elemental Assassin books before I jump in. My library doesn't have this series of hers, but they have her other books. I won the 8th or 9th book a couple years ago, but ended up trading it with another blogger. I'll start this series one day. Happy reading!
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cant wait to read My Best Friend's Exorcism. I am trying to make myself read books that need to be reviewed earlier but I am not sure that I will be able to wait to long. I have a crazy book collection. I tend to pick up parts of a series as they go on sale and then read the series once I have enough of them. Book trading does sound like a good idea though.

      Delete
  2. Eeek! those are really really great books! I love your haul! I've heard great things about the Elemental Assassin series and hope you enjoy them! My Best Friend's Exorcism has such a eye-catching title, hopefully it is as great as it seemed, the title does suggest a little bit of humour :P Looking forward to your reviews and happy Saturday Carole!

    Dreamland Teenage Fantasy @ My STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read some of Jennifer Estep's YA titles and enjoyed them so I am pretty sure that I will like this series as well (at least I hope I will). I can't wait to read My Best Friend's Exorcism. It just sounds so different. I hope that you have a great weekend, Natasha Anne!

      Delete
  3. It's fun when you find freebies that excite you...I'm always on the lookout for bargains especially apocalypse dystopia. I hope you enjoy your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love freebies. If I never end up reading them it isn't a huge deal but I have picked up some great books for free and I love it. You sure do seem to find a lot of apocalypse books. I don't know how you do it!

      Delete
  4. Great haul!! I love Jim Gaffigan and want to read one of his books one day - I think he has two maybe? Also Brother is one I need to get. Enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked the Jim Gaffigan book out in the beginning of December. I have honestly kind of lost my excitement about reading it at this point. I will probably wait a couple of weeks to read it. You do need to read Brother. I thought it was an amazing story. It was incredibly violent but oh so good.

      Delete
  5. Great books this week! I saw My Best Friend's Exorcism and am intrigued so look forward to seeing what you think. I listened to the audio of Food and really enjoyed it! The Susan Hill looks good and I'm curious about Southern Spirits. It looks like a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will probably end up reading My Best Friend's Exorcism soon because I don't I will be able to wait. Southern Spirits was a fun read. I think I gave it 4 stars. I am really happy to hear that you enjoyed Food. I should get to that one sometime next month.

      Delete
  6. Great haul...and I am definitely curious about Brother. Enjoy your week, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brother is an excellent book! I loved it. I picked this one up so I can read it again. Have a great week!

      Delete
  7. Awesome haul. Some of those freebies look interesting. I love Jennifer Estep's Elemental Assassin Series. I hope you love all your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Grace! I don't grab every freebie that I see but these looked good enough to try. I can't wait to start the Elemental Assassin series.

      Delete
  8. Great haul! Lots of new-to-me books here that I'll definitely have to check out. Enjoy your weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! I can't wait to read all of these books. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  9. Great haul, Carole! It looks like you got some awesome freebies :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Danielle! I am always on the lookout for a good freebie.

      Delete
  10. Great haul! I have to stay away from freebie books because I can’t control myself. I hope you love all your new books.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't really control myself either but I don't stress about how long it takes me to get to a freebie either. I am a lot more selective than I used to be.

      Delete
  11. Nice books, I want to read Jennifer Estep myself!! Have a great week!!
    My STS
    http://thebestbasicblogger.blogspot.com/2016/01/stacking-shelves-6.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joann! The Jennifer Estep series looks pretty good. I can't wait to get to it.

      Delete
  12. What a great list you have here!!! I love it. I do need to try Jennifer Estep soon. I have heard fabulous things about her books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really looking forward to reading that series. I have a long list of books that I hope to read just as soon as I work my way through my pile of ARCs.

      Delete
  13. I haven't read any of these but happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that all of these books are as good as they look! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...