Sunday, January 10, 2016

Spotlight - How to Rescue a Rake by Jayne Fresina @JayneFresina @SourcebooksCasa

How to Rescue a Rake by Jayne Fresina
Series: The Book Club Belles Society, #3
Sourcebooks Casablanca
Publication Date: January 5, 2016

Nathaniel Sherringham has returned to Hawcombe Prior a changed man. Gone is the reckless rake who went out on a limb to propose to Diana Makepiece three years ago. Now Nate’s mysterious new wealth has the town’s rumor mill spinning. To stir things up (and get Diana’s attention), Nate boldly announces his plans to marry “any suitable girl” under the age of 25.

Diana, now 27 and still single, is acutely aware of Nate’s return. When her mother suggests a trip to visit a cousin in Bath, Diana leaps at the chance to escape the heartbreak and regret she can’t help but feel in Nate’s presence…and avoid his irritating charade to find a bride.

But for Nate, Diana has always been the one. He might just have to follow her to Bath and once again lay his heart on the line to win her attention—and her heart.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23014597-what-doesn-t-kill-her

How to Rescue a Rake, the third in Jayne Fresina’s Austen-inspired Book Club Belles series, comes out this January! For all of you Jane Austen fans, this fun new release is based on Persuasion and it’s a book you don’t want to miss. To celebrate her latest release, our heroine is here to give our readers a tip on how to rescue their own rake and to share an excerpt with us.

Tips for Capturing a Rake's Attention: By Diana Makepiece (Or How to Stay Calm and Capture a Rake)

A tongue-in-cheek guide by one old maid, who has lost her bloom, has let her last chance for happiness pass her by and is now, at twenty-seven, half way to death (according to the parson's wife)... and not at all bitter about it, thank you very much.

Confound the fellow by declaring yourself intent on rebellion, adventure and mischief. Give him a little of his own medicine.

Excerpt





About the Author

Jayne Fresina sprouted up in England. Entertained by her father’s colorful tales of growing up in the countryside, and surrounded by opinionated sisters, she’s always had inspiration for her beleaguered heroes and unstoppable heroines. She lives in upstate New York. Learn more about the author at www.jaynefresinaromanceauthor.blogspot.com.

Author Links: Website | Facebook | Twitter

8 comments:

  1. Pride and Prejudice is my favorite Austen novel. Thanks for sharing Carole!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a little embarrassed to admit that I have never read a Jane Austen novel. I tried to read Pride and Prejudice a few years ago and it bored me so I took it back to the library.

      Delete
  2. oh this seems interesting. I like the idea of it having a austen theme. I still need to pick this author up soon though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is an author that I would try as well. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Cute excerpt. I definitely need to incorporate more HR into my reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read some HR but not nearly as much as I used to read. I do enjoy it when I am reading this genre.

      Delete
  4. Oooh that excerpt has me intrigued :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that this book is supposed to be funny. I love some humor in my reading.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...