Tuesday, January 26, 2016

New Releases - January 26, 2016 #newreleases #newbooks

January 26, 2016  

It's Tuesday!  That means it is time to make a little bit of room on the bookshelves, load up your ereader, or make your way to your local library.  In other words - It is time to get your hands on a new book!

Here are just a few books that have just been released that you may want to grab soon:
The Love That Split the World by Emily Henry
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | BAM!

 
Natalie Cleary must risk her future and leap blindly into a vast unknown for the chance to build a new world with the boy she loves.

Natalie’s last summer in her small Kentucky hometown is off to a magical start... until she starts seeing the “wrong things.” They’re just momentary glimpses at first—her front door is red instead of its usual green, there’s a pre-school where the garden store should be. But then her whole town disappears for hours, fading away into rolling hills and grazing buffalo, and Nat knows something isn’t right.

That’s when she gets a visit from the kind but mysterious apparition she calls “Grandmother,” who tells her: “You have three months to save him.” The next night, under the stadium lights of the high school football field, she meets a beautiful boy named Beau, and it’s as if time just stops and nothing exists. Nothing, except Natalie and Beau.

Emily Henry’s stunning debut novel is Friday Night Lights meets The Time Traveler’s Wife, and perfectly captures those bittersweet months after high school, when we dream not only of the future, but of all the roads and paths we’ve left untaken.

The Poison Artist by Jonathan Moore
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23746004-black-eyed-susans
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | BAM!

A gripping tale of obsession and deadly mystery, where the secrets of salvation and the most devastating desires are all written in blood

Dr. Caleb Maddox is a San Francisco toxicologist studying the chemical effects of pain. After a bruising breakup with his girlfriend, he’s out drinking whiskey when a hauntingly seductive woman appears by his side. Emmeline whispers to Caleb over absinthe, gets his blood on her fingers and then brushes his ear with her lips as she says goodbye. He must find her.

As his search begins, Caleb becomes entangled in a serial-murder investigation. The police have been fishing men from the bay, and the postmortems are inconclusive. One of the victims vanished from the bar the night Caleb met Emmeline. When questioned, Caleb can’t offer any information, nor does he tell them he’s been secretly helping the city’s medical examiner, an old friend, study the chemical evidence on the victims’ remains. The search for the killer soon entwines with Caleb’s hunt for Emmeline, and the closer he gets to each, the more dangerous his world becomes.

From the first pages up to the haunting, unforgettable denouement, The Poison Artist is a gripping thriller about obsession and damage, about a man unmoored by an unspeakable past and an irresistible woman who offers the ultimate escape.


 Sage's Eyes by V.C. Andrews
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25205422-who-do-you-love
Sixteen-year-old Sage is a lonely child. Her adoptive parents watch her obsessively, as if studying her for warning signs of…something. And maybe they're right to-even she can't make sense of the strange things she sees and hears. She possesses knowledge that other teenagers don't, that her parents and teachers-no adult-could possibly have. So when Sage finally makes a friend who understands her alarming gift, he becomes her confidant, a precarious link to the truth about who she really is. For Sage and the alluring new boy at school share many things in common. Perhaps, they'll learn, far too many things.

Mercury Striking by Rebecca Zanetti
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24502483-the-scamp?from_search=true&search_version=service

With nothing but rumors to lead her, Lynn Harmony has trekked across a nightmare landscape to find one man—a mysterious, damaged legend who protects the weak and leads the strong. He’s more than muscle and firepower—and in post-plague L.A., he’s her only hope. As the one woman who could cure the disease, Lynn is the single most volatile—and vulnerable—creature in this new and ruthless world. But face to face with Jax Mercury…

Danger has never looked quite so delicious…

18 comments:

  1. The Love that Split the World is super high on my list. It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of people will really like that one, Grace. I enjoyed it but I didn't fall in love with it.

      Delete
  2. The Poison Artist looks intriguing and I've been hearing great things about Mercury Striking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an ARC of The Poison Artist that I hope to get to soon. I do think it looks good. I need to catch up with with some of Rebecca Zanetti's other books before I will get to this new one.

      Delete
  3. I really want Sage's Eyes! I love all things VC Andrews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to looooove VC Andrews. I remember pretending I was sick so that I could stay home and read when one of her books came out. I have an ARC of Sage's Eyes but haven't got to it yet. Hopefully, soon!

      Delete
  4. I've seen "The Love that Split the world" around blogosphere, the title really caught my eye and looking forward to reading this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy The Love That Split the World. I think it will be a very popular book.

      Delete
  5. I actually have an ARC of Mercury Striking - I'm just starting to read it now, though. And I would love to read The Love that Split the World!
    Thanks for sharing the new releases, Carole :)
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the only one of the list that I don't have an ARC of...lol. I can't wait to see what you think of that one.

      Delete
  6. oh I am super excited for Mercury Striking....I can hardly wait for that one. I love Zanetti---her books always are super easy to get into and are very engaging from beginning to end. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some of Zanetti's books that I hope to read soon. I will be checking for everyone's reviews of this new book.

      Delete
  7. All look interesting, but Love that Split the World is one I definitely want to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a very unique story that I think will be very popular. I hope that you enjoy it when you get a chance to pick it up.

      Delete
  8. Ooh, tempting! Especially The Poison Artist. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to start that one soon! I thought it looks really good.

      Delete
  9. Oh, those look good, especially The poison artist, I'm adding it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an ARC of that book that I hope to get to soon. I hope you enjoy it when you get a chance to read it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...