Friday, January 22, 2016

Audiobook Review - Beneath These Scars by Meghan March @Meghan_March @BlackstoneAudio

Beneath These Scars by Meghan March
Narrated by:  Sebastian York & Andi Arndt
Series: Beneath #4
Blackstone Audio
Publication Date: November 24, 2015
Date Read: January 1, 2016

I'm the guy you love to hate.  In every story in my life, I seem to end up playing the villain-and I've got the scars to prove it.That role works fine for me, because I'm sure as hell not anyone's hero.  I run my life and my empire with an iron fist-until she knocks my tightly controlled world off its axis.She's nobody's damsel in distress, but I can't help but want to save her anyway.  I guess we're about to find out if there's a hero buried ... beneath these scars.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23014597-what-doesn-t-kill-her


I loved this audiobook!  I have never read anything by Meghan March before I decided to listen to this audiobook.  The reason I chose this audiobook comes down to two words....Sebastian York.  I absolutely loved his narration of another bad boy in a different audiobook and I wanted to see what he could do with this book.  I really liked most things about this audiobook.  The story was really good and both of the narrators were fantastic.  This book works perfectly well as a stand alone novel despite being the fourth book in the series.   I am so glad I found this book.

Lucas Titan is that guy that everyone loves to hate.  He is incredibly wealthy.  He runs his own company and really has no need to play nice with others.  He makes no apology for the way he acts.  Yve runs a high end designer resale store that she would love to own.  She is very independent and works hard for everything that she has.  She makes do with what she can afford and drives a very old car that can be temperamental on a good day.  She doesn't like to accept help for others and prides herself on her ability to take care of herself.

When her abusive ex-husband is released from prison, Yve accepts help from her co-worker in the form of a safe place to stay.  Her co-worker lives with his brother who happens to be Lucas.  The pair have instant chemistry and there are some really hot moments in this story.  Lucas is determined to find out what is really going on with Yve and wants to help but Yve wants to handle things on her own.

There were so many things that I liked about this story.  The characters were amazing.  Lucas was the kind of character that I really enjoy.  He can be a complete jerk at times but once you get to know him a little better you learn that he really has a good heart.  Yve was confident and willing to face any crisis that came her way.  She wasn't afraid to stand up for herself or take chances.  The chemistry between them was just amazing.  This was a romance that I truly enjoyed watch the relationship develop between the pair.  The sexy times in the story were hot and helped advance the plot.  The secondary characters were also well done.  There was really a lot of excitement in the story.  It was really pretty amazing how much action was packed into this little book.

The narration of this audiobook was phenomenal.  I have listed to Sebastian York before and his narration fits this kind of character perfectly.  He did such a fantastic job with Lucas Titan.  This was the first time that I have had a chance to listen to an audiobook narrated by Andi Arndt and I really liked her just as much as the other narrator.  The pairing of these two voices in the story is really a nearly perfect match.  They both were able to convey their character's emotions wonderfully.  The only issue that I had with the book was Yve's reluctance to accept any help even when it was obvious that she couldn't handle things all by herself.

I would highly recommend this book to fans of contemporary romance.  I am glad that I decided to experience this book in audiobook format and would suggest that format to others.  There is just something about a wonderful story paired with great narration that make the whole experience even better.  This is the first book by Meghan March that I have read and I am really not quite sure how I missed this author until now.  I definitely plan to read more of her work including the earlier books in this series.

I received a review copy of this book from Blackstone Audio via Audiobook Jukebox for the purpose of providing an honest review.

About the Author

Meghan March has been known to wear camo face paint and tromp around in woods wearing mud-covered boots, all while sporting a perfect manicure. She’s also impulsive, easily entertained, and absolutely unapologetic about the fact that she loves to read and write smut. Her past lives include slinging auto parts, selling lingerie, making custom jewelry, and practicing corporate law. Writing books about dirty talking alpha males and the strong, sassy women who bring them to their knees is by far the most fabulous job she’s ever had. She loves hearing from her readers at meghanmarchbooks@gmail.com.

Author Links: Website | Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter

6 comments:

  1. Great review, Carole :) I really need to start this series!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked this one, Danielle! Now I want to go back and read the earlier books in the series.

      Delete
  2. This sounds awesome! I'd really like to listen to this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think that the audio is the way to go with this one. I just loved both of the narrators.

      Delete
  3. I've only listened to samples of Sebastian York's work, but yes, what a delicious voice he has. And this sound like a really good book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fell in love with his narration when I listed to Tangled by Emma Chase. He did such a good job with Drew so I knew he would be perfect for any kind of bad boy. I really did enjoy this one.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...