Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 Wrap Up and Favorites!

2015
What a year this has been!
Some really wonderful things have happened this year and I wanted to take a moment to sum everything up.

This Blog
2015 marks my second year of blogging.  It is really hard to believe that it has already been 2 years.  I feel like I have learned a lot during my time blogging.  I know that I have learned more about html code than I ever imagined I would.  My blog's style has developed and I am fairly happy with how it is now although I am sure that I will continue to make changes.  This post is the 386th post of the year so I think it is safe to say that I have stayed busy!  I am very thankful to all of my readers who take time out of your day to stop by my blog.  I am grateful for every follower and every single comment means a lot to me.

Books
According to Goodreads, I have read 189 books this year.  I have in fact marked that many books read but I feel like it is not exactly accurate.  I couldn't get myself to finish 7 books this year.  I also read 2 adult coloring books and a cookbook.  I did listen to quite a few short audio-books and read some short pieces as well.  I am still impressed that I found the time to read as much as I did!

Some of my favorites from 2015
Click on the covers to read my review!
http://carolesrandomlife.blogspot.com/2015/03/review-grimspace-by-ann-aguirre.htmlhttp://carolesrandomlife.blogspot.com/2015/01/firefight-by-brandon-sanderson.htmlhttp://carolesrandomlife.blogspot.com/2015/08/review-magic-shifts-by-ilona-andrews.htmlhttp://carolesrandomlife.blogspot.com/2015/01/golden-son-by-pierce-brown.htmlhttp://carolesrandomlife.blogspot.com/2015/05/review-uprooted-by-naomi-novik.htmlhttp://carolesrandomlife.blogspot.com/2015/11/review-brother-by-ania-ahlborn.htmlhttp://carolesrandomlife.blogspot.com/2015/06/blog-tour-zach-by-sawyer-bennet-review.htmlhttp://carolesrandomlife.blogspot.com/2015/02/review-infinity-bell-by-devon-monk.htmlhttp://carolesrandomlife.blogspot.com/2015/02/review-infinity-bell-by-devon-monk.htmlhttp://carolesrandomlife.blogspot.com/2015/12/review-city-of-light-by-keri-arthur.html

Audiobooks
Click on the covers to read my review!
(Review pending on Dragonfly in Amber & Clean Sweep)
http://carolesrandomlife.blogspot.com/2015/03/audiobook-review-tangled-by-emma-chase.htmlhttp://carolesrandomlife.blogspot.com/2015/02/review-sugar-daddy-by-lisa-kleypas.htmlhttp://carolesrandomlife.blogspot.com/2015/04/audiobook-review-blue-eyed-devil-by.html



My Life
This year definitely had some ups and downs.  I lost my Grandmother early in the year.  I was very lucky to have her in my life for as long as I did but I do miss her.  We also lost my mother's best friend who was like another mother for me early in the year.  In August, my beloved dog, Hershey, died after 13 1/2 years of being my best friend.  
My sweet Hershey

We did take a wonderful vacation to Disney World in the spring.  My youngest daughter started high school this year and even got her driver's permit - scary stuff!  My daughter was very active in the school's marching band and I spent a lot of hours hiding inside props during her performances.  In September, we adopted a puppy named Stella to help keep our older dog, Cookie, company.  Just a couple of weeks ago, we proved our insanity by adopting another puppy named Molly.  Yes...we now have 3 dogs including 2 puppies under 6 months of age in our house.

Stella is pictured on the left and Molly is on the right.  
Aren't they adorable?!?!

I hope that all of my readers had a wonderful 2015!  

10 comments:

  1. Sorry for your losses this year. It's hard losing loved ones and fur babies. It's been 3 years and I'm still not over losing my parents, both within 2 months of each other. I had two cats, but my oldest Chloe passed away last year and I'm thinking of getting another one so that Blitz won't be alone. Although, he loves all of the attention he gets and might get jealous of another one. I'm just looking forward to getting better next year. I've been stressed and depressed too much, but my doctors and siblings have been on me like white on rice to stop taking on the world and take care of myself. I narrowed my top reads down to 25 books and I passed my GR goal. I'm looking forward to reading lots of great books in 2016. Happy New Year's Eve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry to hear about your parents, Lekeisha. I lost my dad 21 years ago and it is tough. I am thankful for my mother but it has been a tough road. She just recently finished treatment for breast cancer for the third time. I still can't believe that she has received 3 cancer diagnosis in the past 20 years. You learn not to take things for granted that is for sure. Losing my Hershey was really tough this year. She meant the world to me. You do need to take care of yourself and focus on getting better. Happy New Years to you!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Happy 2 years blogoversary (how do you even spell this @@), you did a great job on the blog and very much active in it too, I love reading your posts and looking forward to more in 2016. You have such an interesting haul, including some books that I've never heard before! Definitely will be checking those out ;) I'm sorry for your losses, I can only imagined how hard it would be especially losing someone close to you and a faithful companion, my condolences to you and stay strong :). Love the puppies that you adopted! They are so adorable!! Last but not least, congratulations on your daughter's achievements (my mum freaked out when I first started driving too :P) and have a great new year!

    Natasha @ Dreamland Teenage Fantasy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe that it has been 2 years. This year was really busy on the blog and I hope to be able to keep up the pace. There were some tough times in 2015 but overall it was a good year. I do question my sanity when I think about my 2 puppies but then I look at how adorable they are and think it was a good idea to get both of them. Have a fantastic 2016!

      Delete
  3. So sorry for your losses this year! Here's hoping for an awesome 2016 for you and yours!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Danielle! I hope 2016 brings you lots of happiness!

      Delete
  4. I hope 2016 will be a fantastic year for you and your loved ones, Carole! And those puppies are absolutely adorable! I guess you felt the need to get busy now that your kids are older? ;)
    Some of your fave books are among my faves as well, for 2015. I'm always happy when I see another Sawyer Bennett fan ;)
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to a great 2016! I have been saying for years that I wouldn't get any more dogs and that I was looking forward to a little more freedom. When I my dog died, I realized that I really just wanted to stay home with my dogs. I am looking forward to getting past the puppy stage though.

      Delete
  5. I can't believe you've been blogging for only 2 years, it seems longer. I'm sorry to hear about the death of your grandmother. I lost my father in 2015 so I understand. I hope 2016v will be a wonderful year for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time does fly. My first blog post was back in December 2013 and I had no idea what I was doing. My grandmother was the last grandparent that I had so now an entire generation is gone. It does make you think. I am sorry to hear about your father. My father has been gone for over 21 years and it is tough. I am looking forward to a great 2016.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...