Saturday, April 4, 2015

Review - Best Man for the Bridesmaid by Jennifer Faye

Best Man for the Bridesmaid by Jennifer Faye
Series: The DeFiore Brothers #2
Harlequin
Publication Date:  April 7, 2015
Date Read: March 14, 2015

Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble

3 Stars

I liked this book well enough.  I didn't love it and I didn't hate it.  This is a decent little book to read if you have a little bit of time to fill but nothing in the story really stood out in my opinion.   When I read this book, I was actually looking for a light read that I could finish during a road trip and this book fit my needs perfectly. 

Jules comes to Italy to see her sister, Lizzie.  She is soon enlisted to stay and help pull together a wedding for Lizzie and Dante.  She finds herself with Dante's brother, Stefano a lot during this visit starting with the moment she steps off the plane.  Jules accepts Stefano's offer to stay at the villa during her visit because she feels a little uncomfortable around Lizzie and Dante. 

Stefano finds himself right in the middle of all of the wedding planning and it seems that he and Jules are responsible for planning the whole event.  Stefano has given up on love.  He tried once and it ended badly and he believes that the DeFiore men are cursed since things seem to always end tragically.  He still finds himself strongly attracted to Jules even though she is very different than anyone else he has ever met.

I found this book to be very predictable in a way that can be somewhat common in romances.  Of course, I knew right away that Jules and Stefano would be a couple before the book was over.  I liked them together well enough but there was never any moment in the book that really pulled me in emotionally. 

I also found that I really needed to just kind of go with this story because there were a few things that I found to be highly improbable.  I still don't understand why Jules and Stefano were planning Lizzie and Dante's wedding without any real help from the couple actually getting married.  I mean does that kind of thing ever really happen?  I also thought that it was a bit crazy to think that Jules would come to a whole different country to visit her sister and then choose not to stay with her during her visit.  She didn't even see very much of her during this story.

I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a quick, easy romantic story.  I think that this book could be read as a stand alone novel without any trouble although there are a few topics carried over from the first book, The Playboy of Rome. 

I received a copy of this book from author for the purpose of providing an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...