Thursday, March 26, 2015

Review - The Playboy of Rome by Jennifer Faye

The Playboy of Rome by Jennifer Faye
Series:  The DeFiore Brothers #1
Harlequin
Publication Date: March 3, 2015
Date Read: March 7, 2015

Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble

3 Stars

I liked this book for what it was - a light, fluffy romance novel.  It is a rather short book that I was able to read in just a couple of hours while my family was sleeping on a weekend morning.  I read a lot of different kinds of books and every once in a while I like to read a nice, easy romance novel.  This book wasn't perfect and some of the events in the story felt a little too convenient but it was an enjoyable story nonetheless.

Lizzie has had to deal with a lot in her lifetime.  She leaves her job and life behind in America to take a chance in Italy working with a chef on a television show.  She is determined to make things work because the person that means the most to her in the world is depending on her.  When she arrives at the restaurant, she does not receive the warm welcome that she had expected.  The chef that she had plans to work with is no longer able to work and has been replaced by his grandson, Dante.

Dante is not impressed with the idea of training Lizzie or the television show.  To make matters worse, his grandfather promised Lizzie a place to stay while she is in Italy and he finds himself sharing his apartment with her when they are not working. 

I liked the chemistry between Lizzie and Dante.  They have both lost a lot and really seem to understand each other.  I found the individual characters of Lizzie, Dante, and Dante's family to be very likeable.  Everyone in this story has lost a lot in life and has learned to deal with things the best that they know how. 

I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a quick contemporary romance.  This was the first book that I have read by Jennifer Faye and I do plan to keep my eyes open for future titles by this author.

I received a copy of this book from the author for the purpose of providing an honest review.

***This review was originally scheduled to post on March 20, 2015 during my stop on the Tasty Book Tours Blog Tour.  I had the review written and scheduled to post but I decided to check on it with an unfamiliar computer while on vacation.  Somehow my review vanished and didn't get posted in time.  This is actually the second review that I have written for this book since I didn't have it backed up anywhere.  I apologize for my tardy review and I have learned my lesson regarding backing up reviews!

2 comments:

  1. It looks like a perfect relaxing week-end read ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was actually really nice to be able to read a book in its entirety on a quiet weekend morning. Those kind of weekend days don't happen very often.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...