This BlogThis blog started and the very end of 2013 and I had no idea what I was doing. I really still don't have much of an idea but I am learning. This post is my 155 post of 2014 and my blog just had its first blogiversay. I am so very thankful for everyone who has taken some of their valuable time this year to visit my blog and every comment means so much. I am grateful for every follower so a big thank you to every one of you.
BooksI have read 122 titles this year (so far - who knows maybe I'll sneak something else in later today). That is more than I have been able to do in the past couple of years. Of these, I actually gave 32 titles either 4.5 or 5 stars! That is amazing! Some of my reading highlights from this year were:
- The Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning - Darkfever, Bloodfever, Faefever, Dreamfever, and Shadowfever
- Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
- Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson
- Up From the Grave by Jeanine Frost
- Under My Skin by Shawntelle Madison
- Revival by Stephen King
- Breaking Creed by Alex Kava
- His Fair Assassin Series by Robin LaFevers - Grave Mercy & Dark Triumph (I hope to get to the third book, Mortal Heart, very soon)
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- Half A King by Joe Ambercrombie
- 3 Novels by Ilona Andrews - Magic Breaks, Clean Sweep, and Burn for Me
- Cane and Abe by James Grippando
- Red Rising by Pierce Brown
- The Jasper Dent Trilogy by Barry Lyga - I Hunt Killers, Game, and Blood of My Blood
My LifeMy mom has been battling breast cancer for the third time this year. She should finish treatment very soon and I very thankful that she is winning this fight yet again. My sister had twins around Memorial Day this year so I have 2 new babies to spoil. They had to spend some time in the NICU since they were born 7 weeks early but they are both doing wonderful.
I am working full time now and even survived a snake making its way into my office earlier this month. One of my highlight from this year was my family's vacation. I had the chance to read a book and take a nap on the beach and I think everyone should do that at least once in their life.
I truly hope all of my friends and readers had a wonderful 2014!