Friday, December 19, 2014

Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning



Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning
Series:  Fever #5
Random House - Delacorte Press
Publication Date:  January 18, 2011
Date Read:  December 18, 2014 (2nd read)

Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble

 5 Stars!

This book is absolutely amazing!  If you have not yet read this series, please do yourself a huge favor and start reading the first book, Darkfever, right away.  This series MUST be read in order.  Don't even think about picking up Shadowfever without reading the first four.  This series is an experience.  This kind of book is exactly why I read.  This book took me to places that I can never go in a world that does not exist.  I got to spend time with characters that come alive on the pages of a book.  This was my second time reading this book and I loved it even more this time. 

"You choose what you can live with. And what you can't live without."

This book picks up right where Dreamfever left off, which was a huge cliffhanger so I was thankful to jump back in.  Mac is in a dark place and it is painful to watch her deal with everything.  The Mac in this book is nothing like the Mac in Dreamfever.  She has changed.  She is a survivor and despite hitting a low point she moves forward and does what she thinks needs to be done.  She has learned and developed new skills.  I liked the Mac in Dreamfever but I love the Mac we see in Shadowfever.  She knows what is important and will sacrifice everything to get it.

"Some things are sacred. Until you act like they're not. Then you lose them."

Jericho Barrons is still one of the best characters found on a page of a book in my opinion.  The things that he says are so very wise.  He is fierce.  He is the man that you want to be on your side because the last thing you would want would be to have to go against him.  He rarely loses.  The chemistry between Mac and Barrons is intense.  Karen Marie Moning created an absolute masterpieces when she created Barrons.  I loved him in every book in this series but in this book many of the questions surrounding the man are revealed.  
 "There's nothing I can't live with. Only things I won't live without."

The world building is once again phenomenal.  This book is set in so many different locations, many of which only exist in this book.  The places that were created in this story seem so real.  The characters are so unique with many types of creatures you can hardly even imagine.  This book finally gives us the answers that we have wanted.  One thing that I love about Shadowfever is how well it wraps the story up.  There is so much story inside this book that it could have easily been broken up into two books but I am so glad that it wasn't.  It is so nice to finish this book and feel content with the ending.

I highly recommend this series to everyone.  I think that everyone should be reading the Fever Series and preferably more than once.  I found that I really liked it better on this reading than I did the first time probably because there is so much to take in.   I cannot wait to revisit this book again in the future. 

2 comments:

  1. Glad to know you are still working your way through and enjoying this series! Another one at five stars ;) I love how it doesn't lack in anything all through the books. Sometimes when series have any more than three books the series goes down in quality... but not in this case it seems!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This book was so good, Olivia! I literally could not put it down. I was so tired at work the next day but it was worth it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...