Sunday, December 28, 2014

Mitosis by Brandon Sanderson



Mitosis by Brandon Sanderson
Series: Reckoners #1.5
Random House - Delacorte Press
Publication Date:  December 3, 2013
Date Read: December 28, 2014

Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble

4 Stars!

I joined a large group of people in a buddy read of Steelheart earlier in this month and absolutely loved it. I love to listen to audiobooks while I workout. The problem is that I don't really love to work out so it can take me forever to finish a book just because I have a hard time getting to the gym. With the next book in the Reckoners series coming out soon, I thought that this short story would be great for today's trip to the gym.

I was completely entertained by this story. This story should only be read after Steelheart as there are some spoilers to that book within this story. This was a fun story that focused on David. I hadn't really given a lot of thought as to how the city would have changed after the events in the first book. This story really shows how much has changed and how fearful the residents still are. This town is actually quite vulnerable when you stop to think about it.

This story started with the simple act of grabbing a hot dog. It really is the little things that can really make a difference. David soon encounters an Epic. This epic is called Mitosis and he is very dangerous. He has the unique ability to make copies of himself. During some of the description of Mitosis's abilities, I found myself thinking about that Micheal Keaton movie from the 90's, Multiplicity.


Things get exciting and David finds himself in quite a bit of trouble. He does some quick thinking and with some help from others he is able to deal with the situation. He even gets help from a large group of everyday citizens before the story is over.

I did miss some of the group in the story. Prof has a very brief appearance and Cody is completely absent in this one. This is really David's story. I would recommend this story to anyone who has read Steelheart and has an hour or so worth of free time.

I should note that I grabbed this audiobook from audible for free.  Audible 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...