Thursday, July 31, 2014

Perfect Kind of Trouble by Chelsea Fine


Perfect Kind of Trouble by Chelsea Fine
Forever Grand Central Publishing
Publication Date:  June 17, 2014
Date Read:  July 26, 2014
  
I received an advance reader edition of this book from Forever Grand Central Publishing and Net Galley for the purpose of providing an honest review.

4 Stars 

This is the book that I picked to read sitting on the beach during my summer vacation and I was not disappointed.  I enjoyed this fun, romantic read.  I have had a chance to read two books by Chelsea Fine and have really liked both of them.  I am becoming quite the Chelsea Fine fan.  

Kayla is in town to attend her estranged father's funeral.  It has been years since she has seen or spoke to her father.  Daren Ackwood looked up to the same man and saw him as a father figure.  The pair knew each other years ago so they both make a lot of quick assumptions without any merit.  

Kayla's father has included the pair in his will but there is a catch and they soon find themselves handcuffed to each other.  As they work to solve the scavenger hunt, both Daren and Kayla learn that they have misjudged each other.  They both learn a lot of things about each other and about themselves.  

I found this book to be extremely well written with a solid plot.  I found the characters to be very likeable although I have a hard time feeling sorry for Kayla because of her good looks.  The constant "nobody takes me seriously because I am beautiful" theme is really the only part of the book that I did not like.  The chemistry between Daren and Kayla was authentic.  I had a really good time with the fact that they were literally attached to each other throughout a large portion of the book.  Let's face it....the handcuffs made the book much more fun.

This is the second book in the Finding Fate series.  While some of the characters and places are in both books, each book in the series can be read as a stand alone without any confusion.  I would definitely recommend this book to others.  I plan to continue to read this series and watch out for other books by Chelsea Fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...