Monday, July 28, 2014

Mean Streak by Sandra Brown


Mean Streak by Sandra Brown
Grand Central Publishing
Publication Date:  August 19, 2014
Date Read:  July 18, 2014

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Grand Central Publishing and Net Galley for the purpose of providing an honest review.

5 Stars!

I have been a fan of Sandra Brown's work for quite some time.  I even stood in line to have her sign my book a few years ago.  I have read many of her recent novels but still need to catch up with a few of her recent work as well as much of her older works.  When I saw a this book on Net Galley, I requested it right away and was so excited to be approved.

As I was reading this book, I wondered why I don't read Sandra Brown more often.  I was completely sucked into this book and simply could not put it down.  That is exactly what I am looking for when I pick up a book.  I am looking for that story that will knock my socks off and make the rest of the world go away for a few hours.  This book was really that good.

Emory wakes up to find herself in a strange cabin with a man she has never met.  She has suffered a blow to the head and while the man cares for her he will not allow her to call for help.  This man will not share even the most basic information with her, such as his name.  

Emory came to the mountains to train for an upcoming marathon.  Her husband does not report her missing until several days have passed causing the police to suspect that he may have been involved in her disappearance.  Meanwhile, Emory is beginning to trust the man in the cabin to some extent.  When he asks her for help in caring for a young girl, Emory, a physician, quickly agrees.  

This book was extremely well written.  I found the characters to be believable....for the most part.  Of course with any work of fiction, some characters will have exaggerated traits which is to be expected.  There were characters that I loved and others that I really disliked which is what makes for an excellent story.  There were plenty of plot twists and I found myself guessing right up until the end.  

I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a book full of twists and turns.  I plan to keep reading Sandra Brown and catch of on a few of her older titles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...