Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Missing You by Harlan Coben


Missing You by Harlan Coben
Dutton Adult
Publication Date:  March 18, 2014
Date Read:  March 28, 2014

4 Stars!

I have to start this review by saying that I am a HUGE Harlan Coben fan.  I have waited in line with my pile of books to get his signature.  I have devoured his books and have read every single book that he has written.  I know that I expect a whole lot out of a Harlan Coben book.  This was a great book but it was not as great as some of the books that Mr. Coben.

One of my fangirl moments with Harlan Coben

Kat Donovan is a NYPD detective.  Her best friend, Stacy, has signed her up for a dating website as a gift.  As Kat is scrolling through the photos of available men on the site, she finds Jeff, the man that she had planned to marry 18 ago.  She reaches out to Jeff online but he does not seem interested in reliving the past.  Meanwhile, a young man, Brandon, comes to Kat at the police station.  He is afraid that something has happened to his mother.  His mother has been a widow for several years and has went away with a man that she has met online.  While Brandon has had some contact with his mother, he feels that something is wrong.

Several plot lines connect and intertwine as the book comes to an exciting conclusion.  This book had no shortage of the twist and turns that characterizes Coben's writing.  Everything did fit together nicely by the end of the book.  The characters were well-developed.  The plot of the book was intricately planned out and believable.  The only thing that is keeping me from giving this book a 5 star rating is the fact that it did take a while for me to feel "hooked" by the story.  I actually found the beginning of the book very put down-able which is unusual for me with a Coben book.  The second half of the book had no such problems and I read it very quickly.

I would definitely recommend this book.  It is an intelligent mystery that keeps you guessing and will appeal to most readers.  I look forward to reading future works by this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...