Monday, March 3, 2014

Waking Kate by Sarah Addison Allen


Waking Kate by Sarah Addison Allen
St. Martin's Press
Publication Date:  December 3, 2013
Date Read:  February 16, 2014

4 Stars

I found this free short story on Amazon and decided to read it prior to reading Lost Lake. The story is very short, 38 pages according to Amazon. The majority of the kindle book is a excerpt from Lost Lake.

In this short story we meet Kate and learn a bit about her marriage. She is intrigued by a TV news report she sees and believes that the elderly man looks familiar. She is surprised to find that man walking down her street and introduces herself to Mr. Donbeet. They have a conversation over a cup of butter coffee before Kate returns home.

I loved the writing in this story and it made me eager to read Lost Lake. I believe that this short story gives some insight to Kate's character but it is not necessary to read this piece to enjoy Lost Lake.

I would recommend this short story to anyone planning to read Lost Lake. I would also recommend this to anyone who is thinking about reading some of Sarah Addison Allen's work. It is a nice example of her style of writing. I have already read Lost Lake and plan to read additional titles by this wonderful author

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...