Monday, March 10, 2014

Best Kind of Broken by Chelsea Fine


Best Kind of Broken by Chelsea Fine
Forever Grand Central Publishing
Publication Date:  March 4, 2014
Date Read: March 9, 2014

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Forever Grand Central Publishing and Net Galley for the purpose of providing an honest review.

5 Stars!

I am shocked by how much I ended up liking this book.   I went into the book not expecting much but I ended up loving this book.  The plot was a lot more complex than I had expected.  I found the characters to be wonderfully done.  I found myself really wanting to see them work everything out by the middle of the book.  

Pixie, Sarah to most people, has moved into her aunt Ellen's inn to work for the summer.  She is in the same wing of the hotel and the other live in worker, Levi.  They start out seeming to dislike one another and arguing quite a bit.  As the book progressed their history together was slowly revealed so that you learned that there was a lot more going on between these two people.  Both Levi and Pixie are actually in a lot of pain and as that pain comes to the surface they can start to deal with it.  Since the book is told from alternating view points, you do get to see what each is thinking and feeling.  These were two characters that belong together.  

I think that this book dealt with some tough issues quite well.  The guilt that each character carried with them seemed very genuine and not at all overdone.  The chemistry was fantastic but the book was not one sex scene after another which is truly what I had feared it would be before reading the book.  There are a couple of steamy scenes and those are very well done.  In the end I found this to a plot driven book focused on healing and growth with characters I found myself caring about.   

I would definitely recommend this book to others.  It looks like this book is the first in a planned series but there were no cliffhangers and for that I am incredibly thankful.  I plan to read future books in this series and other works by Chelsea Fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...