Sunday, February 9, 2014

Tangled Hearts by Heather McCollum






Tangled Hearts by Heather McCollum
Entangled Publishing, LLC
Publication Date:  January 28, 2014
Date Read:  February 8, 2014
  
I received an advance reader edition of this book from Entangled Publishing, LLC and Net Galley for the purpose of providing an honest review.


This book is a hard one for me to review.  I did not love this book but I also did not hate it.  At times I found this book easy to put down while at other times I flew through the pages.  I would have to say that this book was a 3 star read for me.


Ewan is a Scottish Highlander who just happens to be around to rescue Pandora from being burned at the stake as a witch.  Ewan is surprised to learn that Pandora, or Dory, is actually a which and controlling the weather is one of her talents.  Dory tricks Ewan into not only accompanying her to King Henry's court but also helping her rescue her pirate family that is currently locked in the tower.   Dory is not only a which but also a pirate and is the daughter of traitors to King Henry.  While working together to free her pirate family, the pair pose as a married couple and start falling for each other.


There was a lot going on in this book.  I would really say that it was probably a bit too much.  The villian at the end of the story seemed a bit of a stretch as well.  I did really like the romance between Ewan and Dory and felt that that was the strong point of the book.  The other major strength in this novel were the twist concerning Dory's pirate family.


I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for something a bit different.  This book is definitely different.  I can not remember ever reading a book about Pirate, King Henry, Witches, Scottish Highlanders, and even a few scenes in King Henry's tower. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...