Friday, January 31, 2014

Snowbound with the CEO by Shannon Stacey






Snowbound with the CEO by Shannon Stacey
Carina Press
Publication Date:  November 4, 2013
Date Read:  January 28, 2014

I would have to rate this short story 3.5 out of 5 stars.  I love Shannon Stacey's writing and this story was no exception but I found myself wanting a little more out of this short story.  Of course, workplace romances really do not peak my interest either but since I love Shannon Stacey I thought I would give this one a try.

Rachel is at a hotel resort with her employer, Adrian Blackstone, for a very important meeting with a client.  The weather takes a bad turn and not only does the client not make the meeting but the roads are closed and the pair is snowed in and cannot leave.  They have both been attracted to each other and one thing leads to another and that attraction is acted upon.  After the weekend, they return to their home and their normal routine.  The pair find that they want more and they make it happen giving readers the Happily Ever Ending that most romance readers enjoy.

The story was believable but I would have liked to have seen a little more of the couple falling for each other (by which I do NOT mean having more sex).  It almost seemed like they fell into bed together and emerged completely in love.  I do understand that they already knew each other and harbored secret feelings for each other but everything seemed rushed to me.

I did enjoy the story and would recommend it to any romance reader.  It is the perfect length to read in less than a couple of hours with nice chapter breaks.  I would also encourage any reader that enjoys romance to try one of Shannon Stacey's works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...