Monday, January 20, 2014

Escaping Reality (The Secret Life of Amy Benson #1) by Lisa Renee Jones






Escaping Reality (The Secret Life of Amy Benson #1) by Lisa Renee Jones
Julie Patra Publishing
Publication Date:  July 22, 2013
Date Read:  January 20, 2014

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Julie Patra Publishing and Net Galley for the purpose of providing an honest review.

I am feeling lukewarm about this book.  I would have to give it 3 out of 5 stars.  There are a lot of things that I did not like about the book and a lot of things that I did like.   One thing that I really did not like was the ending.  I want to warn anyone who is thinking about reading this book that this is not a complete story.   This book just kind of stops.  If you dislike cliffhangers, then you need to just walk away....this will not be the right book choice for you.

Amy is in hiding at learns that she must immediately relocate.  On the plane to her new location she meets Liam.  Liam is attracted to Amy and starts wanting to protect her immediately.   It turns out that Liam is not only one of the sexiest men on the planet, he is also a self made billionaire.   Why is it in these books the Hero always has more money than he know what to do with AND seems to only be attracted to women who need a lot of help?!?!

Amy is a woman who needs a lot of help.  She is in hiding but is not sure who is hiding her.  She is not sure of her instructions.  She is really unsure of everything.  She is afraid that Liam could be in danger if they grow close so she tries to leave him....but she does not try all that hard.

I was glad to see that sex did not take over this book.  It is a big part of the book and if you don't like to read sex scenes then you need to step away.  Too often books become a string of loosely connected sex scenes with very little holding everything together.  That was not the case with this book.  There was a well developed plot....although nothing gets resolved the book just kind of stops. 

I am sure that book 2 picks up where this one left off but I am not sure if I will pick that up or not right now.  I will have to think about it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...